If you'd like to add or change a link to your school or dojo, send an email to email@example.com with your url. Please note that you need a connection with PAWMA in order to be listed here, such as the school's owner or instructor is a member, or several students at the school are members.
- Association of Women Martial Arts Instructors - Founded to empower advanced women martial artists via paths of learning, training, and ranking. AWMAI offers an annual conference for women martial artists who are or aspire to be martial arts instructors.
- National Women's Martial Arts Federation - An organization whose purpose is to share skills and resources, promote excellence in the martial arts, and encourage the widest range of women to train in the spirit of building individual and collective strength. NWMAF offers an annual training camp in the summer, generally held in an eastern or midwest U.S. state. Offers certification program for self-defense teachers.
- Sacramento Area Women's Martial Arts (SAWMA) - All female martial artists over the age of 16 with a basic knowledge of any martial art are welcome. The group is free to join and there is no cost to train.
British Columbia, Canada
- Jan Parker Arts - Taijiquan. Teaching private lessons and seminars throughout North America.
- Aikido of Monterey, Monterey - Chief instructor Sensei Danielle Smith. Holds an annual 2-day weapons retreat in Big Sur, California.
- Capital City Judo, 2300 Sutterville Rd, Sacramento - 916-346-5439. Nikki Smith Sensei, children and adult classes at affordable rates.
- Dragon Fire Martial Arts, Sacramento
- Hakko Densho Ryu Hombu Dojo, Placerville - Dara Masi, Kaiden Shihan San Dai Kichu offers private and small group lessons and seminars in Hakko Densho Ryu. An annual 4 day training retreat is open to martial arts of all backgrounds.
- Hand to Hand Kajukenbo Self Defense Center, Oakland - Traditional martial arts training and self defense classes. Founded in 1980 by Professor Coleen Gragen.
- Hoa Sen Dojo (Cuong Nhu), Emeryville - Cuong Nhu, an eclectic blend of seven martial arts, Karate, Judo, Aikido, Tai Chi, Vovinam, Wing Chun and American Boxing - Sensei Terri Giamartino.
- Janet Gee's Martial Arts Training, San Francisco
- Makoto Kai Dojo - Woodland
- Okinawan Karate Club of San Francisco
- Open Door Jujitsu, El Cerrito, CA - Lisa Hirsch, sensei
- Seido Institute
- Moon Dragon Dojo of Cuong Nhu, Berkeley
- Valerie Lee, Kung Fu and Taiji, San Francisco
- Wasenshi Kan Martial and Healing Arts, Roseville - Danzan Ryu Jujitsu, Sensei Nerissa Freeman.
- Chinese Healing & Movement Arts, Olympia - Instructor Debbie Leung. Qigong (Liangong), Wu Style Tajiquan, Shaolin, self-defense.
- Embrace The Moon Taijiquan and Qigong, Seattle - Chen Lineage Taijiquan, Luohan Gong System Qigong, Healing Qigong. Private Lessons, Seminars, Hosting School for Lineage Grand Teacher Seminars, Special Health Concerns. All welcome.
- Feminist Karate Union, Seattle - Active, independent, non-profit karate school for women and children, taught by women since 1971. Self-defense skills are integral to training. Chief Instructor, Sensei Aleeta Van Petten.
- Goju Ryu Karate-Do of Vancouver, Vancouver - Okinawan Goju-Ryu Karate-Do. Annual KICK-A-THON to raise funds for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Martial Arts in the Public Interest, Seattle, WA
- Northwest School of Martial Arts, Stanwood - Owner Sabumnim/Sensei Doris Eastbury has been teaching self-defense to youth and women for over 25 years, and has trained in Muay Thai and Krav Maga in addition to her 3 main styles. Classes for all ages in Seito Shito-ryu Karate-do, Chang Moo Kwan Taekwondo, and Modern Arnis, emphasizing practical use of traditional techniques.
- Pacific Integrated Martial Arts, Long Beach
- Seattle Kajukenbo & Kung Fu Kids - Sifu Melinda Johnson, Head Instructor, has more than 20 years experience teaching martial arts and gymnastics to children and adults.
- Seattle Martial Arts
- Seattle Si Lum Kung Fu, Seattle - The Northern Shaolin (Sil Lum) style of kung fu emphasizes long range techniques, quick advances and retreats, wide stances, kicking and leaping techniques, whirling circular blocks, quickness, agility, and aggressive attacks.
- Seattle Wushu Center - Chief Instructor, Sifu Restita DeJesus. Classes in contemporary Wushu, Chen Tai Chi, Yang Tai Chi, Qigong, Kajukenbo-Wun Hop Kuen Do, and Doce Pares Eskrima. Free monthly Qigong and meditation practices (open to everyone from beginner to experienced), Free sport and martial bullwhip classes and free Fukiya-Do (blowgun) lessons. Home of the Seattle Snapdragons Bullwhip Artistry Group.
- SH/FT Movement Arts, Seattle - Daily classes, a diverse range of instructors, and rental capabilities. The instructors at Shift are passionate about supporting sustained health as you age. Currently offering acupuncture, alternative sports medicine and classes in Pilates, martial arts, and dance.
- Seven Star Women's Kung Fu, Seattle - We teach Kajukenbo Kung Fu to women and teen girls, and self-defense to all.
- Strategic Living, Seattle - Safety and self-defense training in the Puget Sound area.
- Wise Orchid Martial Arts, Seattle - Sifu Viola Brumbaugh's specialties are Chen and Yang family Taijiquan, and Qigong, though she also has background in Wing Chun, Xing Yi, Lan Shou and Baqua. In addition to weekly classes, she offers private lessons, workshops and seminars throughout North America.
Buy from Fellow Members
- Jan Parker Glass Arts - Glass beads and jewelry.
- The Modern Herb Shop - Owned by Melanie Fine and Dara Masi, offers traditional Chinese medicine and herbal remedies. Many products are useful for martial artists. Wholesale accounts are available to all martial arts schools, health practitioners and other resellers. Visit us on Facebook, too.
- Wave Jewelry - Julie Kirby's jewelry with that mahalo spirit.